12 easy Keto Tips
Updated: May 3, 2018
Remember to Keep Keto Simple.
Avocado Chocolate Mint Fatbombs
“You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces from a cookbook - just good food from fresh ingredients”
Food Tips :
1. Avocado, in salad or smoothie or as dip. Another life saver for busy days is egg, we can scrambled, omelette, boiled, poached, sunny side or bake.
2. MCT oil. A high quality medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil is perhaps the most important thing one can do to get into ketosis and maintain it. Drink it neat or add to your beverages.
3. Choose nutrient rich carbohydrate sources such as non-starchy veggies (leafy and green vegetables) and small amounts of low-glycemic fruits like starfruit, lemon, lime and/or a small handful of berries.
4. Eat fibrous vegetables like broccoli, Brussel sprout, asparagus, cauliflower and also fermented vegetables like kimchi and sauerkraut, locally we have jeruk maman which is popular in east coast.
5. Choose organic, preservative free, nitrate free and grass-fed proteins (meat, poultry, seafood) if you can. I buy organic chicken at Zain Mart and meat (Ribeye, Lamb, Seafood) at butcher shop rather than supermarkets as they're cheaper.
6. Make bulletproof drinks (tea, chocolate or coffee) on days you're not hungry. It will make sure you get enough fat and body will not slow down your metabolism with trigger of 'famine'. Check out our recipes.
7. Buy your baking ingredients at bakery shops ie. Bake With Yen or BAGUS Bakery. They're cheaper than supermarkets.
8. Keep updated on supermarket discount, sometimes they have sale and discounts on seasonal items/vegetables/fruits.
Lifestyle Tips :
9. Eat only when we are hungry.
10. Do Intermitten Fasting, starts with 12-16 hours. Over time, as your body adapts you may be able to fast 18-20 hour each day. If you are able to do this effectively then it is easier to maintain ketosis.
During the fast, drink herbal teas and organic coffee with MCT oil, coconut oil and/or grass-fed butter The good small and medium chain fats in these help to boost up ketone production and stabilize blood sugar more effectively than water fasting alone.
11. Incorporating a regular exercise program that includes resistance training exercises like running sprints and low-intensity exercise such as walking improve the ability to get into and maintain ketosis. If you are not able to do any intense exercise focus instead on stretching and breathing exercises such as yoga and low impact movement such as light walking or trekking.
12. Keep Carbs 20grams and below to maintain ketosis. However this depends on our lifestyle. Individual who does high intensity resistance training might needs more protein than someone who lead a sedentary lifestyle.
We hope our sharing has been very helpful and we look forward to hear from you soon.
501 views0 comments